Dartmouth basketball gets the 2012-2013 season underway on November 10 in Hanover against Maine. Expectations are that this year's Big Green team can match last year's. They lose 40% of last season's player minutes and add the contributions of six incoming freshmen.
The largest gap to fill for Dartmouth will be on offense, as the team lost 62.3% of their three-point shooting. That's followed by steals, where they drop 45.3% from last season.
Dartmouth ended last season with a record of 5-25 overall, landing in the cellar of the Ivy League with their 1-13 conference record. Dartmouth will feel the loss of last year's seniors David Rufful (24 minutes per game), Jabari Trotter (22 MPG), and Kirk Crecco (8 MPG). The Big Green will also have to get by without R.J. Griffin (26 MPG) and Nick Jackson (5 MPG), who left the team.
The Big Green welcome back sophomore Jvonte Brooks (9.4 points/game), sophomore John Golden (7.3 points/game), sophomore Gabas Maldunas (1.2 assists/game), junior Tyler Melville (5.4 points/game), and senior Matt LaBove (2.4 points/game).
Freshmen joining the Big Green include 6-7 Tommy Carpenter, 6-7 Connor Boehm, 6-3 Kevin Crescenzi, 6-8 Matt Rennie, 5-11 Alex Mitola, and 5-9 Malik Gill. Dartmouth kicks off Ivy League play on January 12th against Harvard.
Tags: David Rufful
- Since 2002, Dartmouth has an overall winning percentage of 25.1%.
- The Big Green have an average conference finish of 6.8 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 5.9.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 195.8.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Harvard (#38).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Bryant (#340).
- The last time Dartmouth returned more than 63% of the team's statistical production was 2011-2012.
, Jabari Trotter
, Kirk Crecco
, R.J. Griffin
, Nick Jackson
, Jvonte Brooks
, John Golden
, Gabas Maldunas
, Tyler Melville
, Matt LaBove
, Tommy Carpenter
, Connor Boehm
, Kevin Crescenzi
, Matt Rennie
, Alex Mitola
, Malik Gill